Create a New Secure Document
Add information about your secure documents.
Add secure documents, browse, and select upload to store files in the Vault.
To add Secure Documents to your Vault, follow these steps:
- Click on the Secure Documents tab. The screen displays your current list of uploaded files.
- Click on the Add button.
- Enter the information as follows:
- Enter a descriptive Name for the file or files associated with the secure document. This field is required.
- Use the Note field to enter additional information about the document(s), such as associated dates, author, etc... The notes that you enter are included in searches, so it is beneficial to enter very specific information here. This field is required.
- Click on the Add to Favorites check box to add the document to your list of favorites, or those documents that you access frequently.
- Enter any search terms that will help you to find the document in the Keywords field. Separate each keyword with a semicolon (;).
- Click on the Add Files button to select the file or files that you want to add to your Vault. Doing so calls a standard Windows Explorer upload window, from which you can navigate to and select one or more files. To select multiple files, use Ctrl + click.
- Click on Open. The document then displays the file or files that you selected.
- Click on Upload to add the file or files to your Vault. As the file is uploading, the system displays its progress. The time to upload a file may vary based on the file size and your connection speed. When the upload is complete, the entry screen closes, and the document displays its file or files, as shown here.
- After clicking Save, you will see your document and a list of associated file or files. At this point you can:
- Click on a file name or icon to open and view that file.
- Click on Back to return to the main list of documents.
- Click on Delete to remove the file or files.
- Click on Edit to edit the description or to add or remove files. Refer to Edit Secure Documents for more details.